Class Guidelines & Polcies
The owners and staff at Embellish adhere to Local Public Health guidelines. The health and safety of our staff, customers and students is of the utmost priority. Class sizes will be limited to allow social distancing and for ease of instructions. Embellish staff and instructors have been fully vaccinated, and we are requesting instructors, staff, and students to wear a mask while in the boutique and classroom.
- Class fees are due at the time of registration. If you are unable to register online or visit the boutique in person, please call us at 905-373-0983 and we will process credit card payments over the phone.
- A minimum number of registrants will be needed for classes to run; classes will be confirmed 1 week prior to the class date. If you cannot attend a class, a refund will be issued once your spot has been filled. If a class is cancelled because of insufficient enrollment, a refund will be issued. If you are unwell, please do not come to class; we will do our best to fill your spot if advance notice if given.
- If a class is full, please provide Embellish staff with your contact info; you will be called if space opens up, or if another session if offered.
- At the time of registration, you will be provided with a supply list. Please check the supply list for items needed for the class, and any class preparations that may be required. Most of our classes require that you bring your own sewing machine.
- Please check the supply list to see if a machine is required. Embellish is not a sewing machine dealer; because of this we do not stock sewing machines and sewing machine feet or accessories. Please contact your sewing machine dealer for accessories. We can help you source these specialty items if necessary.
- Please notify Embellish staff when you purchase items for a class — we offer a 10% discount on class supplies. We appreciate that you support your local sewing and quilt shop!
- If a class is cancelled, a refund will be given on rulers, patterns, books and notions (in original packaging and condition) purchased in advance of the class. There are no refunds on cut fabric; wait until the class numbers are confirmed to purchase yardage.
- Please arrive at class with supplies labelled as yours. Embellish is not responsible for lost or missing items at a class.
- Our classroom is located on a second floor with stairs. Our classroom is not accessible for those with mobility issues. Staff will be available to help you carry your belongings to the classroom if necessary.
- During inclement weather, please bring indoor shoes or slippers to class.
- Beverages brought into the classroom must be covered and stored away from sewing machines and fabric.
- No products that contain peanuts, nuts of any kind, or any nut by-products may be brought into class.
- Embellish is a scent-free zone.
- We respect copyright; please bring your own copy of books and patterns to class. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Embellish classes are offered for various levels of expertise. Please ensure that you are registering for a class that is suitable for your experience level. Embellish staff will help you choose the class that best suits your level of experience.
Novice – Familiar with the use of a sewing machine, but little or no sewing experience
Beginner – Familiar with the use of a sewing machine, but understands quilting/sewing terms and techniques
Intermediate – Has had some experience quilting/sewing, but is ready to expand to more elaborate techniques
Advanced – Experienced quilter/sewist who is comfortable with all levels of techniques